C$1000 Bonus Package
100% UP TO
+100 FREE SPINS
Limited time offer!
C$1000 Welcome Bonus
$300 Bonus Package
Code: FIRSTDEP, SECONDDEP
Take a look and sort through our list of bookmakers who offer eSports betting where you can bet on popular games such as DOTA 2, CSGO, Call of Duty and more.
Best Canadian eSports Betting Sites
Browse more eSports sites
Introduction to Esports Betting
Esports betting is no longer a niche activity, but an important component in the online gambling offers of top bookmakers. Canadian players can bet on popular genres such as MOBA, FPS and RTS games and enjoy top odds. Ante-post, pregame and live esports betting is possible and players enjoy access to the same bonuses and promotions reserved to their counterparts who stick to classic sports.
How to Choose the Best Esportsbooks?
The surging popularity of esports has led to a flurry of bookmakers that offer videogame betting. Instead of struggling to find worthy partners, punters are now confronted with the paradox of choice. In order to make the right choice, you should stick to licensed and regulated bookies. There is simply no reason to take any chances when there are so many proven esportsbooks out there. Furthermore, the reliability and speed of payment methods should be top criteria when choosing an esports betting company.
Any respectable esportsbook will offer live betting on its most popular games. The best ones also have a live stream incorporated in their website, so you don’t have to switch to streaming platforms such as YouTube or Twitch. Another thing to look into when choosing such a bookmaker is the quality of odds on mainstream and special markets. Speaking of which, you are entitled to expect a broad selection of betting options, especially for flagship games such as League of Legends, Dota 2, Call of Duty or CSGO.
Bet Like a Pro with these Esports Betting Tips
Professional punters know that the role played by luck can be mitigated with proper research. Esports betting tips can further tilt the balance in your favor and these are some of the things to consider.
- Bet on the games you know - there are plenty of esports betting options, but you should focus on those that you thoroughly understand. Ideally, you should also play the game before betting, to understand the inner works and special game mechanics.
- Hunt for value in the odds - instead of betting on favorites, try to identify the underdogs capable of causing upsets. Play to their strengths and when possible, tap into the potential of special markets. LoL, Dota 2, CSGO and CoD games offer some exceptional opportunities of this time.
- Bet early on outright winners - the best esports books publish the odds in advance for major tournaments. Don’t hesitate to bet early on the expected winners, to maximize the return on investment. Untimely eliminations are a rarity in group stages and odds drop quickly in playoffs.
What We Check for When We Review Esportsbooks?
There are plenty of things to consider when trying to figure out which are the best esportsbooks. We can help you narrow down the search by filtering out unworthy ones and this is how we conduct the process:
- License and reputation - we recommend licensed esportsbooks that run an honest business
- Quality bonuses - we look at the size of the bonuses, but also the ease of the rollover demands
- In-play offering - the best esportsbooks have a solid live betting selection and offer live streams.
- Competitive odds - when you bet pregame or live, you’re entitled to enjoy high odds on esports
The Most Popular Esports Games
Three gaming genres stand out of the crowd when it comes to popularity and global reach. Multiplayer Online Battle Arena, first-person shooters and real-time strategy games are enjoyed by millions globally.
- MOBAs - League of Legends and Dota 2 are the most popular games that belong to this genre. The former has the most players and the latter has the best paying tournament: The International
- FPS - Counter Strike Global Offensive and Call of Duty dominate the first-person shooter genre. Overwatch and Valorant come strongly from behind with their original tactical shooter elements.
- RTS – StarCraft 2 is currently the only real-time strategy game played at the highest level. It is dominated by South Korean players but remains popular worldwide, with thousands playing it.
Is it safe to bet on esports online?
As long as you choose a licensed and regulated bookmaker offering esports betting options you’ll be in good hands. Research goes a long way, so read reviews and pay attention to online complaints when considering your next esports betting partner.
Which are the best video games to bet on?
League of Legends, Dota 2 and Counter Strike Global Offensive are among the most popular games. Call of Duty, Starcraft 2 and Overwatch are also excellent options for amateur and veteran esports punters.
How can I find the top esports books?
Pay attention to the key qualities that help an esports book stand out from the crowd. A nice selection of video games and betting markets, competitive odds and generous bonuses are all redeeming qualities.
Should I bet on special esports in-game markets?
Mainstream betting markets are preferable for casual punters who know little about esports. Veterans and people that have actually played the game can extract more value from special esports in-game markets.
Do esports books offer bonuses to new players?
Esports books offer the same financial incentives as classic bookmakers. Some are aimed at new players, while others reward existing punters, but are subject to terms and conditions and play through demands.